Not much says deliciousness and comfort more than pasta…except pasta with bacon!
5 Ingredient Pasta Dish – with Bacon!
- 8 oz Uncooked pasta ((pasta of your choice))
- 1/2 lb Uncooked bacon (diced)
- 8 oz Fresh asparagus (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Grated or flaked Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta in a large pot of generously-salted water according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a medium saute pan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add asparagus to the pan and saute in the bacon grease for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked.
- Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon, and set aside with the bacon. Slowly add the white wine to the pan, and scape the bottom of the pan with a spoon to deglaze the pan and pick up all of those yummy brown bits.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until the wine has reduced by about half.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it. Then add the pasta, asparagus, bacon and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to the saute pan, and toss until combined. Sprinkle pasta with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- *If the pasta seems too dry, add in 1/4 cup of the pasta water after adding in the asparagus and bacon and toss to combine.
Now that you got the kitchen and table set straight…don’t forget about the other side of things – only takes less than 20 minutes a few times per week!