Avocados, pasta and shrimp (or any seafood for that matter) are a delicious combination. But sometimes we hesitate making such a dish because we think there has to be something complicated to making it taste so good. But thanks to my long time friends Dave Ruel and Karine Losier, authors of Metabolic Cooking (over 250 recipes for only $10)- they have made it VERY simple!!!
AVOCADO PASTA with SHRIMP
- 1 Avocado, pitted
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil + 1 Tbsp
- 2 servings/6 oz. of your choice of pasta
- 8-12 oz. Shrimps
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a pot, bring water to a boil and add in your pasta. Follow cooking instructions on the box.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor add the garlic cloves, lemon juice, avocado and olive oil. Process until smooth and creamy.
- In a saucepan, heat a tbsp. of olive oil and sauté shrimps until they turn pink, then season with the spices of you choice. I like using Cajun spices.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain in strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Optional: Serve with freshly grated Parmesan on top.
- Enjoy immediately because this dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce that turns black after a while.
RIGHT NOW THERE ARE OFFERING A HUGE DISCOUNT ON THEIR RECIPE BOOK – which contains over 250 recipes! Normally about $30 – but right now – it is ONLY $10
Click the image above for more information and to see more of what it is all about.