This Caprese Avocado Toast recipe is more about your taste/cravings than a standard recipe. The formula is simple > toast – avocado – the extras – and salt
The classic caprese is all about the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. The only difference on this one is that the avocado takes center stage with the crunch from the toast.
- Toast – your choice of white or wheat; standard sandwich loaf or deli loaf style
- Avocado – sliced or smashed
- Cheese component – suggest mozzarella or cottage cheese
- Sea Salt – flakier the better
- Optional – 1-2 tsp of oil of choice for the toast
Toast the bread (toaster or oven) and drizzle with the oil. Layer with the avocado, cheese component and tomato. Finally garnish with basil leaves and flaked sea salt and drizzle with a little more oil if desired.
Interested in an easy to follow workout plan to go with more delicious recipes – click here to see my 4 Week Workout options