Personally I love seafood…I grew up on it…and to this day I enjoy about anything that has to do with seafood. But being not as efficient in the kitchen as I use to be (having much less time on my hands)….I sometimes whence when it comes to cooking seafood at home. Today’s dish though….I found is much easier and quicker to make than you think. (And if you choose a different fish other than red snapper – just as delicious)
Red Snapper and Lemon Pasta with Spinach
- ½ pound Rotini Pasta
- 16 oz Red Snapper Fillets
- 1½ T Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots (chopped)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (chopped)
- 2 Lemons (juiced)
- 1 Lemon (zested)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 3 cups Spinach
- ½ cup Italian Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Preheat broiler, season snapper with salt and pepper and cook 5-6” from heat until the fish is done and starts to flake, about 10 minutes.
3. In a large pot add olive oil, garlic and shallots. Cook for a few minutes until just about crispy.
4. Add the cooked pasta, lemon juice, lemon zest, spinach, tomatoes, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
5. Plate the pasta and top with broiled snapper. Top with a tad more fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.