Have you ever had Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken? If you have never heard of it; traditionally it is grilled whole over mesquite wood, and basted with a sweet huli-huli sauce. This is a quick spin of the traditional means. So fun and delicious your family will forget how healthy it actually is.
Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken
Recipe serves 4 people
- 12 ounce Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast (cut into 1-inch cubes (24 cubes) (about 2 large breasts))
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapple (diced (24 pieces) (or canned pineapple chunks in juice))
- 8 6 inch Wooden skewers
- Preheat a broiler or grill on medium-high heat.
- Thread three chicken cubes and three pineapple chunks alternately on each skewer.
- Combine ingredients for sauce and mix well; separate into two bowls and set one aside for later.
- Grill skewers for 3–5 minutes on each side. Brush or spoon sauce (from the bowl that wasn’t set aside) onto chicken and pineapple about every other minute. Discard the sauce when done with this step.
- To prevent chicken from drying out, finish cooking skewers in a 350 ºF oven immediately after grilling (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F). Using a clean brush or spoon, coat with sauce from the set-aside bowl before serving.
Subscribe To Our VIP Newsletter
Join our VIP mailing list to receive additional content that goes even deeper into the latest news and updates from our team as well as our wellness partners.