I realize that when one starts a weight loss, fitness or wellness program – most feel that success comes with hours…not minutes. But I repeat as I have time and time again…success comes in the little steps you make. One of the little steps is being a bit more active …
Here are a few ideas for being more active than you are right now.
- Get up 15 minutes early and walk to the end of the street and back a time or two
- Park further from the office and power walk in to the office.
- Instead of using the elevator, walk up a flight of stairs or two.
- Get up once an hour and walk around the office for a few minutes, say hi to your coworkers.
- When you go to the restroom, go to the one on a different floor, use the stairs not the elevator.
- On your break, take a brisk walk around the office or to another floor.
- On your lunch hour take a walk before you eat.
- When you hit the 3:00 slump, instead of eating that last donut, take a quick walk to a friends office.
- When you get home from work, immediately change clothes and do something before hitting the cough for the night,
- Instead of sending an email, go talk to that person face-to-face (bet you didn’t think of this one, huh)
You don’t need to join a gym to be more active, you just need to be more active. Low impact routines (at home or the office) can help a lot in the long run.