Potato pancakes are a delicious, gluten-free, comfort food treat that the whole family will enjoy. Top with what suits your flavor…from such examples as sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or hummus.
- 2 russet potatoes, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- ½ yellow onion, grated
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover two sheet pans with parchment paper.
2. Spread half of the grated vegetables on a clean kitchen towel, then roll and wring the towel to draw out the excess moisture. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Repeat with the remaining vegetables.
3. In a small bowl, combine the oat flour, baking powder, and pepper. Add to the vegetable bowl, and mix well, using your hands to evenly distribute the flour and baking powder.
4. Scoop about ¼ cup of potato mixture, and hand-shape it into a semi-tight ball. Flatten with your palms, and place the pancake onto the prepared pan. Repeat with the remaining mix, spacing the pancakes about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake on 1 side for 8-12 minutes. Flip and bake for another 8 to 12 minutes, or to your desired level of crispness. Serve at once. Top with the condiment of your choice.