Salads are a new favorite of mine…I can’t pin-point when I stated craving salads daily; but sometimes my day is just not complete without some sort of salad. A favorite go-to salad in our household is Caprese Salad. With the multitude of variations available – sometimes the easiest to make is the best.
SUPER EASY BREEZY CAPRESE SALAD
3 large Vine Ripened Tomatoes
8 oz fresh Mozzarella Cheese
20 fresh Basil Leaves
2 T Olive Oil
1 T Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Slice tomatoes into ¼” thick slices.
2. Slice mozzarella into ⅛ – ¼” slices.
3. Wash the basil.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
5. Assemble by plating all the sliced tomatoes, top with basil leaf then mozzarella.
6. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and season with a pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper if desired.