We have a little recipe idea to keep your sweet tooth satisfied. We call it power pudding and it is extremely easy to make and a great alternative when you want a chocolate fix. Here is how you make it:
- Buy low fat chocolate instant pudding
- Make according to the label (add skim milk, and mix)
- Add 2 scoops of whey powder (makes 4 servings)
- To add an extra kick you can add slivered almonds, berries, or oatmeal for a more hearty pudding
Why is it important to add protein to things like pudding and smoothies? Let’s give you some information on whey to clarify what it really is. Most of you have heard that “Little Miss Muffit sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey,” but what is it? Whey can be synthetic or it can come from dairy and is separated during the processing of things like cheese and milk. Protein stems from Greek origin, meaning “of primary importance.” This is fitting, as protein plays a major role in building and maintaining your body structure. It helps in:
- Building muscles, blood cells, bones, teeth, skin, nails, and internal organs
- Composing enzymes and hormones
- Maintaining blood pressure
- Regulating blood sugar levels
- Speeding up metabolism
Proteins are nitrogen containing compounds composed of different amino acids, and it is the amino acids (not the protein itself) that are used by the body. They rebuild every one of our cells so that we can continually get better, healthier, and stronger with more energy!
Subscribe To Our VIP Newsletter
Join our VIP mailing list to receive additional content that goes even deeper into the latest news and updates from our team as well as our wellness partners.