Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4719
Its not about just crunches anymore! If you truly want to see a change in your abs – (outside of changing some nutritional/dietary habits) you need to tone and condition your entire core. You have to work the frontal, posterior, lateral, transverse and the entire collective chain of your core unit. So today I wanted to share a handful of exercises that put together do just that.
Equipment: Mat or towel for the ground work – just to help make it a bit more comfortable on the floor.
Variations on Intervals:
- Beginners: 30 seconds per exercise with about 30 seconds rest between each. Complete 2-3 rounds.
- Intermediate: 45 seconds per exercise with about 30 seconds rest between each. Complete 3-4 rounds. Can add a medicine ball or dumbbells for added intensity.
- Advanced: 45 seconds per exercise with 15 seconds rest between each. Complete 3-5 rounds. Can add a medicine ball or dumbbells for added intensity.
Your Entire Core Workout
You can add this to your current program (post workout) or as a quick option during the course of your day (great TV watching workout)
- Russian Twist (with or without medicine ball)
- Mountain Climber
- Side Pillar/Bridge Leg Abduction
- Suit Case Abs (with or without medicine ball)
- Bicycle Crunches
Videos of each: