Keeping a family healthy takes time and commitment. Starting with goal-setting,
make this a family event, prepare for it and make it fun. Keep the focus on
wellness 5 ways to ensure your Family Wellness:
1. Lifelong good food habits — Start each day with breakfast. Learn
the benefits of eating more fruits and vegetables and avoiding processed
foods. Eat fast food only occasionally. Make dinner together.
2. Active pursuits — Children need at least 60 minutes of exercise every day,
adults need 150 minutes per week, and you can all accumulate it in 10-minute
increments. Just unplug from electronics and head for the park. Need some ideas on workouts? Check out these 4 week programs
3. Safety always — For example, use helmets during sports, insist on
thorough hand washing, and stay aware of potential hazards, such as falling and
burns. Make sure proper equipment is used in team sports.
4. Health screenings — Track routine exams, pediatric visits, immunizations
and dental checkups. Ask about child health screenings for weight problems,
unhealthy cholesterol and depression.
5. Sharing life together — When we take time to connect daily we can build
the resilience to counter stress and adversity as individuals.