These are similar to Reese’s peanut butter treats, but are made with dark chocolate and almond butter instead of milk chocolate and peanut butter. Much better for your health and even better for the palate than the regular Reese’s. You’ll need candy molds for this recipe as well as a small brush to brush the molds with the melted chocolate.
This recipes yields about 9 treats – so adjust recipe accordingly:
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips;
• ½ cup almond butter;
• A pinch of salt;
- Make a double boiler with an aluminium bowl placed over a pot of boiling water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Place the chocolate in the bowl and melt it slowly, stirring constantly.
- Once completely melted, paint the interior of 9 small candy molds with a small brush with the dark chocolate.
- Place the molds in the freezer for about 10 minutes in order for the chocolate to harden.
- In the mean time, mix the almond butter with a pinch of fine sea salt.
- Remove the molds from the freezer, fill each cavity with almond butter and paint some more melted chocolate on top to close the candy. You may need to melt the chocolate again if it hardened.
- Place in the freezer for another 10 minutes to harden.
- Remove from the freezer and pop the treats out of their molds.