Keto is a big concept in these recent times. To allow those who enjoy KETO or those maybe interested in it – todays recipe is a Keto version of the newly popular Chocolate Mug Cake. So enjoy this delicious treat in just a matter of minutes. (You can also check out yesterday post for the High Protein Black Bean Brownies – make a chocolate night of it!)
KETO CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
- Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons stevia, or other sugar substitute
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon heavy (whipping) cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Spray the inside of a microwaveable mug with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, stevia, and salt.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla, and the beaten egg. Mix to combine. Add the baking powder and mix again.
- Continue mixing until there are no air bubbles.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared mug. Microwave on high for 1 minute, 20 seconds.
- Remove the cake from the microwave. Allow it to settle for 1 minute before inverting onto a plate to serve.
- Calories – 145
- Fat – 11 grams
- Carbs – 8 grams
- Protein – 8 grams