Today’s recipe is from one of my health and fitness partners JayLab Pro – this protein enriched treat is a great additional to be added to your overall wellness profile to help ensure your results.
Protein Banana Walnut Brownie Bars
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 12 scoops JaylabPro Vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups walnut meal (grind the walnuts in a blender…that’s it!)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 medium bananas (very soft, mashed)*
- 2 large Omega-3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp pasture butter
- 2 Tbsp water as needed
- Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients together.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.. If needed, add a tbsp or two of water to mix well. Heat oven to 350F.
- Place ingredients in a 7 x 11 non-stick baking pan and bake at 350F for 12 mins or until a knife comes out clean from the SIDES of the pan (not the middle).
- It should be slightly under cooked in the middle when you first take it out. This will prevent the bars from being too dry.
Makes 15 small bars
Nutrition Facts (Per Brownie Bar):
Protein: 12 g
Carbs: 8 g
Fiber: 1.7 g
Fat: 12 g fat