In my Online / Mobile Personal Training app platform, one of the programs included is the 21 Day Fat Loss program. Within that program during week 3 there is a workout I called “No Crying Allowed“. Here is that quick workout (perfect to do at home – as all you need is a pair of dumbbells and a jump rope).
This is a timed circuit. Each exercise will be performed for 50 seconds – followed by a 10 sec rest / transition to next exercise. (use the timer on your phone). After completed the entire series – rest for 45 to 60 seconds. Repeat for 3 rounds.
EXERCISE #1 – JUMP ROPE
- Hold an end of the rope in each hand. Position the rope behind you on the ground.
- Raise your arms up and turn the rope over your head bringing it down in front of you.
EXERCISE #2 – RENEGADE ROWS
- For this exercise, maintain tight abdominals and tight glutes.
- Keep your hands center of your chest throughout the exercise.
- Wide feet give you a better stable base.
- Position yourself on your toes and your hands as though you were doing a pushup, with the body straight and extended.
- Push one dumbbell into the floor and row the other dumbbell, retracting the shoulder blade of the working side as you flex the elbow, pulling it to your side.
- Lower the dumbbell to the floor and begin the dumbbell in the opposite hand.
- Repeat for several reps.
EXERCISE #3 – DB THRUSTERS
- When performing this exercise, the dumbbells will rest up by your shoulders.
- As you get into the squat position, keep your head and chest up, sit back into your heels.
- Pop out of your legs and extend your arms, locking biceps to ear.
- Return the weight to your shoulders.
EXERCISE #4 – CROSS BODY KNEE DRIVES
- For this exercise, ensure that your abdominals are on and tight.
- Bring your knee from one side of your body towards the opposite elbow.
- Move your feet as quickly as you can.