“Flavorful, healthy, this recipe of Orza Pasta and Shrimp is one of my favorites!” – Susan Vereche, Houston Personal Training client
Orza Pasta with Shrimp
- 8 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds raw small shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1-1/2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente (tender but still firm). Drain.
- Toss with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; set aside.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque (do not overcook).
- Stir in pasta. Add tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and lemon juice. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.